Wednesday, March 12, 2008

What if I don't want a damn florist?

You know it is about damn impossible to get any information about how to have silk flowers at your wedding.

Yes, I want to have some fake flowers. I guess that makes me as evil as someone who rips apart plants in their spare time, as uncouth as someone who wears a top hat to a ceiling fan convention, and well as cheap as Scrooge. But that's how I like it.

I never got the point of having real flowers. You pay through the nose (to appease said appendage), you're at the whim of mother nature (who let's face it, likes to send you to your room with no dinner when she's had a bit too much to drink), and you miss out on the joys of hot gluing your self and possibly your pet to a table.

So we've gone silk, it might be considered non traditional, or at least bat shit crazy, but then again that's who we are. (The fact that my entire floral budget is under $50 doesn't hurt either).

2 comments:

Cate Subrosa said...

There are some really cool alternatives to fresh flowers out there... the other day I saw a picture of a bouquet made entirely of buttons!

megan said...

duuuuude- screw flowers! I'm using pieces of coral for our centerpieces. I think it's ridiculous to spend so much money on flowers. So get your silk on girl! :)