Friday, July 4, 2008

It's hamburger, fire, and twilight zone day!

At least that's how I always celebrate the fourth of July (for all the non Americans just think of this as a really big bank holiday).

I would share my recipe for blue cheese hamburgers but it's pretty straight forward and boring. We're gonna spend most of the day treating it like it's a Saturday, reading the paper maybe doing a crossword, oh and putting away all the stuff we got from the shower!

I've heard of a few brides feeling empty after their shower is over, as they don't have anything to look forward to (til they suddenly remember they have to send out their wedding invitations tomorrow!) For us we had a full feeling, a very very full feeling.

I'd love to share a picture of our apartment covered in boxes but we didn't have the heart to take one of that mess. We managed to make a path for this past week but now it's time to attempt wading through and trying to put everything into its place (we may be needing to steal some closet space).

It's a toss up of what we were most excited to get.
  1. We both love cheese so the opportunity to slice and grate whatever cheese we want was very exciting.
  2. Courtesy of our cheap cheap forks the dishwasher has been gobbling them up for the past few months, so we were ecstatic to see we got some flatware and won't have to eat with our hands anymore (doesn't mean we'll stop though).
The one good thing about an 8 hour trip after the shower I had plenty of time to get all of the Thank Yous done on Sunday and mailed them off on Monday. So luckily all we have to do today is make a billion and one trips to the dumpster.

I did have one thought though. Wouldn't it be really cool if you could register at a grocery store? Get a good hunk of mozzarella or Gouda. A whole pork loin. Gotta be better than still asking for money, eh?

Oh well, one shower down one to go. But the next one promises to be much more relaxed and a complete 180 (there was talk we'd have it at Steak Buffet). So happy fourth to all the brides and grooms our there. Remember, keep watching the skies!

3 comments:

Jenna said...

Just wanted to let you know that I've been reading and I will be featuring a link to your blog on Sunday!

Cate Subrosa said...

Hope you had a great day yesterday. This whole shower things is starting to grow on me with all these gifts... pity we don't do it over here...

Sarah said...

I was at the flagship Bloomingdales this weekend getting a new set of knives with my fiance and I just wanted to make a registry soo badly!