Monday, November 3, 2008

Dejavu

This past saturday was the wedding of my wedding coordinator and my organist (to each other, I didn't have to attend two weddings thank God). It was also held at the same church with the same minister using quite a bit of our decorations (which is really cool to see the different things that can be done with some silk flowers).

My guy and I were doing okay until we were called up to be in one of the professional pics. Then we both started getting Post Traumatic Stress Disorder; flashing back to flower arguments, who should wear what and why someone says so, why certain things must be done a certain way, and damn am I sick and tired of standing up having my picture taken.

Okay so maybe it wasn't as bad as that, but it is a bit unnerving to be standing back at the same place you were just two weeks ago watching someone else go through it all. But having just done the wedding experience I had a better idea of what the bride really wanted.
Which was in no particular order:
  1. Tons of pictures. Pictures of everything from guestbook to the aisle decorations.
  2. Tons of video. We did have some video at our wedding but it was an afterthought. I was so glued to the camera for them I could barely lift my right arm the next day (must invest in a tripod).
  3. Just being as helpful for the bride as possible. Luckily I'm really good at this and just sort of know what has to be done regardless of the confusing orders brought on by stress (I now know that church like the back of my hand too).

But rather than listen to me babble on about how a newlywed makes the best "wedding gopher" I'll just show you some of the pictures from the wedding:

The gorgeous church, this time decked out with tulle but using our same pew bows and then she ripped up some of the flowers we had in vases to put in the tulle. It looked awesome.
The blushing bride talking to her photographer. I just love this picture, she looks so relaxed and excited.
The groom, calm and cool as always.

It was a fun time of trying to do our best of keeping him from seeing the bride. I think at least 10 times I would find him and tell him he either had to run off to another part of the church or stay right where he was. I should have just brought a blind fold.Does she look familiar? Yes that is my tall flower girl. It was her brother that was the one getting married. It's like the wedding version of Six degrees from Kevin Bacon.The table centerpieces at the reception.

It was such a simple but gorgeous piece. The best part, we didn't have to take them down at all. The woman the bride hired to make them does all the cleanup too.

The head table.

Let me tell ya this place for the reception was gorgeous. A beautiful wood lodge room, complete with a fireplace behind the newlyweds. The sun setting behind everyone was perfect too.

The bouquet toss.

I have to give my guy props for this picture. I was busy filming while he was taking pictures and is this not too perfect? And I'll soon post the story of my bouquet toss and why it's so entertaining (lets just say it involves two people in this picture).

Congrats you two. It was a gorgeous wedding, and it was lots of fun. Maybe we should start having dual anniversarys too.

3 comments:

AmyJean {Relentless Bride®} said...

The wedding looked like lots of fun. i love the centerpeices :)

Cate Subrosa said...

That is so cool. My hairdresser was actually telling me just the other day that the first wedding you go to after your own is really cool because you don't have to worry about anything, but you finally appreciate all the effort that went into it.

Ellen Mint said...

Well I don't know if I could not worry about as much seeing as how we were a host couple (aka wedding elves).

But I do look forward to a wedding where I am just a guest. That would be really nice.