Saturday, December 6, 2008

Picture a Day-Day 4

On the drive home from work my husband started to rifle through his coat pocket when he suddenly pulled these out:I already hear you asking, what are those? Miniature pringles? Deformed popcorn? Cereal that's been hitting the gym?

Why it's packing peanuts. Though apparently packing stores now hire a small gnome to sit with a hammer and flatten out all the peanuts. As to why my husband just had to grab a handful and bring them home to show me only he knows (and even that's debatable).

Has your husband/fiance ever brought something home that he was just so excited about but you didn't get?

2 comments:

Samantha said...

I have a great parallel story!

Okay, so my fiance and I both attend the University of Georgia. A few years ago he was in the marching band when we went to the "Chick-Fil-A Peach Bowl" in Atlanta. Apparently they were giving away small plush cows in the stands and he gathered 50 (yes, 50!) of these plush cows to bring home for me as a surprise.

It was super sweet, but I guess he forgot that I HATE cows, hahahaha. I couldn't bring myself to tell him that. We still have about 25 of those darn things in a closet somewhere.

Kara Robson said...

My husband never brings home things to show me, but we now have a never ending supply of Walgreens pens. He's an assistant manager there and they get boxes and boxes of pens ever week for the store, but his manager always tells everyone to take home as many as they want. Thing is, my husband doesn't want to bring them home, but he keeps two in his shirt pocket during the work day. Brings them home and sets them with his name tag and "store of the month" pins. Then somehow one or both of them always get grabbed before his next work day. So he gets two more from the store and the ritual starts again.