Friday, January 30, 2009

I suck at this

Okay so I got tagged by oh hundreds of people over the course of a week or so.

What?

I'm being informed it was actually two (three is you include Amy's award) Rachel and Jen.

Make a list of things you can see without getting up:A polar bear, nerds, a huge pile of papers, a picture frame, and a black soul gem (you never know when it could come in handy).

What were you like when you were five? Hiding. In fact I'm right behind you! Ha ha, made you look.

What are you wearing now? A doublet, hose, cod piece, clogs, and an iron helmet (I think the mace and rapier are optional).

What story/book/novel have you read over and over again in your life? Lord of the Rings, The Count of Monte Cristo (I own three different versions actually, it was hard to find one that was unabridged), and the 1953 Report on water conditions in Lake Superior (it's just that fascinating).

What’s the last thing you read/are currently reading? A Sundial in a Grave: 1610. It's a bit like Dumas so lots of action that is so far fetched its got to be fantasy and characters that just when you're sure you know what will happen turn into crazed psychos.

Do you nap a lot? I am missing the nap genes. I fear whatever kids we'll have as my husband can't either.

Who was the last person you hugged? Willy Wonka, I was after the packages of runts in his pockets.

What’s your current fandom/obsession/addiction? Pie. I love anything pie related and will stand outside in the rain just hoping to get a glimpse of it.

What was the last thing you ate today? Cheezeits, but it's got to be the baked ones as they aren't as greasy as the regular ones.

What was the last thing you said aloud? Would everyone just stop talking to me!

What websites do you always visit when you go online? Hotmail, blogger, Destroy all humans, Tutankhamen for President

What was the last thing you bought? Paints and canvas, but I forget what they're for. I hope someone tells me soon.

What are you listening to right now? Mack the Knife, actually. Fun song to play.

What movie are (or were!) you most excited to show your kids? Nightmare before Christmas, a ton of MST3K, Ratatouille and when they get older all the Hepburn and Tracy I can get my hands on (also Lion in Winter).

If you could have any super power, what would it be? To control the weather. It'll always be sunny everywhere I go. We'd all undergo the worst drought in history.

What is your favorite weather, and why? Bright, about 65-70 F and a brisk wind. No wind is just wrong and creeps me out.

What time do you usually get up? When I gain conscious, usually around 7:30

What is your most challenging goal right now? To get my friend to stop talking to me so I can finish this thing. STOP TALKING!

Say something to the person who tagged you: Let's see, who first? Jen, your presence blogging has been sorely missed. I hope you start hanging out more soon. Rachel actually it's a bit the same though your new makeover looks really cool.

If you could have a house–totally paid for, fully furnished–anywhere in the world, where would you want it to be? Wouldn't New Zealand be cool? I could have my own sheep farm and teach them to raise goats.

Favorite vacation spot? Woodland areas. I like to follow paths til I reach the end. Scares the crap out of my hubby as there is a very good chance I will wander off when no one is looking.

What is your favorite children’s book? "Are you my Mother?" I still like to ask that at inopportune times. You should try it during a board meeting at some point. It's great.

Name one thing you just can’t resist no matter how bad it is for you: Internet surveys. Everytime I think I can give them up they just pull me right back in.

If you could meet anyone famous - dead or alive - who would it be? The MST3K crew, okay so I got to meet all but three of them on the honeymoon but man wouldn't it be cool to be trapped in an elevator with Mike Nelson, breathing heavy and freaking him out so he pries the doors open to try to escape and breaks his leg.

I guess I have to make up a question that I then have to answer. Seems rather foolish but okay here goes. So, Sabrina, what latest random celebrity crush have you picked up? Oh I'm glad you asked Sabrina. I've just recently realized that I have strange thoughts every time John Olliver shows up on the Daily Show. It could be his cute little british accent, it could be his little dimples or wavy dark hair (two traits he shares with my hubby). But it's probably his huge nose. I have a weird thing for huge noses.

I don't really want to tag anyone, as I think everyone I've ever vaguely known or visited has already been tagged and answered all these questions. So I guess if you want to do it go for it.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

You'll never outgrow the internet survey!!!

Linda said...

Ah, you are so funny. I need a laugh. Thanks!

Katie said...

ahh MST3K! that just made my evening.