Monday, January 12, 2009

Painting a Day-Day 41

What's a woman to do while her husband is busy working alchemy and killing vampires and there's no more wedding to plan?

Take up painting!

Okay so I have no talent whatsoever when it comes to drawing and only about two or three usable brushes but I thought it'd be fun to put a few ideas to cardstock and just see what I could come up with.

Most of them are also a study in colors as I only have about 5 different paint colors and mixed up most of the ones I used (I have this weird fascination with trying to match just the perfect shade). Clicking on each "painting" should bring up the larger version.This first one was just something I'd had in my head for a bit, a simple sunrise or sunset and trying to blend blue to black.
This one was actually based upon a picture I took on our honeymoon. I do a lot better when I'm copying something as opposed to just drawing it freehand.
The same is true of the little puppy in bed. This is actually a painting of a picture I found on-line of an adorable yellow lab all tucked in.
Any guesses on what the last one is?

Don't worry you can tell me they all suck, I'm aware of how rudimentary it all is (and that I am not using something even close to the right kinda paint or "canvas") but it's been fun and kinda nice to have something I can create with a few supplies sitting at the kitchen table.

I'm asking you all to help me by sharing some of your favorite images or pictures that I could (maybe) attempt at painting. I won't get to it til next weekend but I'd love the challenge of making something one of you guys finds neat.

4 comments:

Leslie said...

Yep, you definitely suck....But they look like something someone could pay big money for on ebay (assuming they were on a real canvas). I know some of the artwork around your house (i.e. the "Brett Original") is at a much higher level though!

Linda said...

I like the first 2. I have no artistic ability at all so I applaud you for trying and showing the world your creation!

Lindsey said...

Wow these are great! Love them all!

Cate Subrosa said...

Aw, the puppy one is cute :)