Monday, April 13, 2009

Picture a Day - Day 132

Is it over? Can I come out of hiding now? Is the table all mine again?

Whew. Man was it a long weekend. I am not cut out for entertaining for long stretches of time. All of Saturday was pretty much spent at malls and shopping type centers picking up random stuff.

I got two bars of imported soap that were drastically marked down. The Cardamon and Saffron one is okay but never ever get a Chocolate and chili pepper soap. It's like nasty fake chocolate but then there's this burning sensation at the edge of it that just makes your nose hurt.

I also snagged some "fancy" truffles in a really cute little package. I told my husband he has to eat all the white chocolate ones, cause I can't stand those.

So by the time we dragged our tired carcasses through the door I just wanted to curl up in a little ball and sleep for 15 hours. (Oh yeah I'm also not cut out for browsing. I shop more like a guy, get in, get what you want, get out).

Sunday is when it got a bit more interesting. We went to the campus catholic church which due to most students going home for Easter had no choir or piano player or music of any kind. If there are any Methodists out there you know that for us Easter is more like a concert where churches pull in not only a few choir solos, but maybe a brass quartet or a few stringed instruments as well.I also wore the blue rose in my hair and no one said a word. Apparently it isn't as much of a conversation starter as was claimed. Though that's a good thing in my case.

Easter dinner was good, we basically made a deconstructed gyro with a lamb chop that was marinated in greek stuff (so lemon juice, mustard and some garlic), pita bread, and a tzatziki sauce (which we finally got right at the last second. If anyone wants a how to just leave a comment and I'll e-mail it to you. It was really a comedy of errors figuring it out).

Once dinner was over we all just sat around and talked, and talked, and talked, and talked. It was okay for the first few hours but then I was begining to feel like a lion in a cage. I am a true blue 100% introvert and when I need to get away from people I am this close to chewing my own leg off to do it.

I can't wait for my own house with a basement I can disappear into when I just need some alone time.

Well it's all over, time to slowly get the apartment back in some semblance or order and claim back the table. Too bad after the weekend my husband and I have about a AAA's worth of battery life between us.

Maybe later this week we'll get the house back in order for now sleep sounds good.

How'd your Easter go? How about the weekend? Did you have to run and hide from the in-laws or maybe an evil Easter Bunny?

4 comments:

Chesney said...

Sounds like a successful easter then??? We went to the husband's parents in North Platte. They live on a lake so when I can't take the chit chat I sneak out to take pics. Everyone is is use to that, they think I am married to my camera (when I really just need some down time). LOL

Anonymous said...

I'd be interested in knowing the recipe for the tzatziki sauce.

I'm glad that your easter went alright despite you being so exhausted!

My Easter was alright - I ate too much chocolate. But that's usual.

Lindsey said...

Glad you had a great Easter, I'm tired too from all the festivities!

Linda said...

I'd like that tzatziki sauce recipe.
I usually hide in the kitchen when I need to get away from people, but sometimes they follow me.
I love the flower. It looks so pretty in your hair.
Those Lindt truffles are delish! Although I'm with you on the white chocolate!