Thursday, April 30, 2009

Picture a Day - Day 148

All you people posting about your gorgeous weekends, yeah I know who you all are, you're going to get it.

It's been raining/cloudy here since last Thursday. One whole week of clouds, darkness, and drippy yucky water. No major storms (though Sunday was quite a doozy) just a constant feeling that if you stand outside too long you'll be drenched even though you never spotted a rain drop.

So I tried to take some pictures of this malaise spring storm. Then I realized it takes a lot of work to get a picture of moisture hanging in the air. And since I don't have a microscope attached to my camera I took this instead. You can always tell it's been raining around campus by the number of bags tied to bikes seats. I wonder just who came up with this idea? I don't remember them being as popular when I was younger, but then again I was younger aka stupider and didn't care much if my ass got all wet from a bike seat.

This picture was a random snap. I spotted a robin and hoped I'd get enough time to turn on the camera, line it up right and snap the picture before she flew off. I just managed to beat her as while the camera was loading she zipped away:Actually I liked this picture so much I decided to try copying it (sort of) in a painting.

I like to think of it as a weird combo of the two things I'm good at, abstract colors and branches.Is anyone else trapped in a horrible cycle of never ending gray clouds and rain? Do you feel like your keyboard should be moist thanks to all the water in the air?

Do you want to join me in my campaign to smash up the lemonade stands for everyone who's had wonderful weather every weekend? Because I just got my hands on a really nice big hammer and rented a van.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like that picture of the robin!

We haven't been having the nicest weather for a while - I think yesterday was the first time it didn't snow in a couple of days. It's supposed to be getting nicer soon, so I'm holding out for that.

Linda said...

I really like that painting. And my coworker who was looking over my shoulder did too!

Kristy said...

We've been having blah weather in Central Texas lately, too. It's been raining a lot; or just getting hot and threatening to rain, making for extremely sticky, humid, gross air. I would much rather just have rain if it's going to rain, or sun if it's not. None of this in between stuff.

Scattered Marbles said...

That painting is great, it kind of looks like a reflection of the branch on water. really cool!

Chesney said...

I have never seen bags over bike seats either, guess I have to be more observant! Just think, all this rain is greening everything up for when it drys out! :) What a cool painting by the way!