Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Hello Wedding Bee type people

Any regular readers can just skip over this post. My paintings were mentioned on Wedding Bee and now everyone seems to think I just paint creepy headless people so I'm trying to rectify that a touch.

I thought I'd give you all a little tour of my wedding painting gallery. You may recognize the first one I ever did for someone. It's of Mrs. Avocado's dress (which she also featured on her new blog That Wife)

I've done dresses with a bit more complicated skirts as well such as Rachel's from Girl Learning Along the Way:I have done simple dresses with deep backgrounds to emphasize the dress:As well as something with color to match the wedding color choices:And if you like the headless people look I have done quite a few of those, including very intricate details:
I am very open to any ideas and love to try something new and different. My painting's start at $15 for a 6X8 which is the size I did for Mrs. Avocado and I welcome any input from the commissioner.

I've also done a few paintings as wedding presents (the Indian wedding was one) and I can piece together various images of the bride in her dress to create a full painting of the clothing.

If you're interested or have any questions feel free to leave a comment here, e-mail me, or convo me at etsy. I started doing this after I painted my own wedding dress and thought others may enjoy one of their very own. Here's a slide show that showcases all the paintings I've created so far:


Thanks so much for stopping by. Y'all come back now, ya hear.

*Waves away ala Beverly Hillbillies*

3 comments:

Caroline said...

These are adorable! I love this idea!

Ms Bear Cub said...

I still think this is so cool!
I really LIKE how it's clothes-only!

Anonymous said...

Hi, I popped over here from WeddingBee (Miss French Bulldog). I just wanted to say, I love your work and your style. I think your paintings are a wonderful keepsake for a bride... something more special than a picture :)