Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Picture a Day - Day 224

Yesterday in honor of my birthday (and because I'm pretty sure my muscles are trying to eat themselves ala the Donner Party) we skipped over the painting of our last bathroom and instead focused on setting up our living room.

And this is where there'd be some lovely pictures of our living room, except I stupidly left my camera back at the apartment. So here's pictures of a couple of roses:
These are actually surprise roses, and not just because of the big spider who wanted to get in on the picture.

I call them surprise roses because we had no idea we had any roses until a few days into moving. The two of them sat in the front lawn not making much fuss til Sunday when I noticed some really vibrant petals poking through the buds. They also have a really strong scent so I'd love to be able to keep them around but I don't know how well that will work out.

I promise I'll take my camera today and show off the new living room tomorrow. In the meantime I need some suggestions for a birthday present idea for my best friend. She's the mother of these to crazy boys:I keep offering her a screwdriver or a 2X4 as my husband and I seem to have called Home Depot our third home but she says no dice.

Anyone got any good ideas? I hear they have a lovely selection of toilet seats.

4 comments:

Linda said...

Plants? Light fixtures? A new fridge? You can buy those at Home Depot.
Gorgeous roses!

Krista said...

the picture with the flower & spider is magnificent.

Michelle Simpson Photos said...

That spider shot is scary! :P

Yes, I definitely agree with you on the cannon thing. It's obnoxious that they constantly have time traveling stories (VOY has a lot of them) but it is a good way to keep it interesting and not so true with the rest of it.

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday!

I like your flower shots, even with the spider. Daddy long legs are so funny - my exchange partner used to called them "animals."