Monday, July 27, 2009

Picture a Day - Day 236

People of Bloggonia, I am proud to announce my triumphant return!

What? No gasping in the street? No petals being tossed? No one selling a hot do inna bun? Not even one bloody clap?

What do you mean you didn't even notice that I was gone? I can never show my face at the meeting of super villains again. I'll never hear the end of it from Doctor Doom.

I'm not really sure where I should begin. We have so much time and so little to do. Wait, reverse that.

I know, how about for a dull Monday back at the rat race I show off what we did to our main bathroom. Mondays just have a sort of bathroom feel while I think Wednesday is asking for some kitchen love.

We started off with something like this (in fact exactly like this, amazing really):
Got a little help from a few cats for the in between stage.
And came out with this:That would be four different paint colors up on that one wall. We had this ambitious plan to try and recreate a beach using just about all of my painting skills and more patience than one person can muster. I had to talk my husband down from the fifth paint just because I didn't have the patience anymore.

Good enough has quickly become my house remodeling mantra.

After painting the bathroom and trying to squeeze and fit into all those tiny little corners and curves I'm learning why people prefer to just tile the thing and never think about it again.

I do love the reflection in the mirror of the waves and our shadow box of sponges.
This is our fancy bathroom sink (that will never look this organized ever again). Check out the soap dish complete with a dune grass soap from Karen's Soap (it smells just like the Yankee Candle so if there are any fans you gots to try it).
I could tell you some bathroom painting horror stories but thanks to the drug the nice doctors put me on -- Repressitall-- it's getting a bit fuzzy. All I do know is that no matter how easy they make it look on tv or painting commercials those stupid white stripes are never straight and there is no amazing reveal. Consider yourself lucky if you didn't paint one of the wallpaper stripping cats to the wall.

I'll intersperse pictures of the rest of our house, along with wedding pictures throughout the week so um look out for that if you care. If not, then what are you doing here? Don't make me chase you with my pitchfork of death!

Has anyone else ever tried to put at least three different colors on one wall? Or tried to create a white stripe only to realize that every decorating show you've ever watched has lied to you, go in a corner and curse the world?

5 comments:

Leslie said...

White stripes should be done with chair rails that are painted before they go on the wall. That's my opinion though.

Chesney said...

What a change - so bright and cheery! Love what you did! I have never tried that many colors on a wall. But....I did just get through painting my sons bathroom (he wanted black, but we settled on chocolate brown) - do you know how many coats of paint that took? LOL Painting just plain SUCKS!

Linda said...

Be still my geeky heart. A Dr Horrible and a Willy Wonka quote in the first 3 paragraphs! That made my day.
I do say all that painting is quite ambitious. My hats off you!

jennifer said...

I did audibly gasp when I saw you were back! PArtly cause I missed you and partly cause I'm surprised your MIL didn't strangle you, or you her. Anywhooo welcoem backa nd the bathroom is loverly!

Rachel said...

Cool! I like the different colors.
But, no - I've never tried using more than 1 color like that, though. And I've never tried painting a horizontal stripe - ha ha ha ha ha!!!! Yeah, it's never as easy as it looks on TV!!!

But I like the colors you chose - good job!
And lucky you! You have wallpaper stripping cats! I bet that was fun! ;-)