Wednesday, February 17, 2010

I love trees!

So I told you all how Valentines Day was trying to kill me because I couldn't give two figs about it (why do we give things we care about figs anyway? If we only halfheartedly care do we give someone a fig newton?).

If I was smart I should have covered myself from head to toe in red and run through the streets reciting Sonnets while handing out free chocolate. Alas, creativity struck in another direction and I holed myself up in my workshop of wonders (in that it's a wonder I can get anything done in the mess) and put brush to canvas creating this.
The tree line easily took four hours as I added one layer after another to give that full stretched out to the horizon look.

You can see what I mean in this close up:
First the super tiny light blue layer, then the slightly larger navy, and finally the full tree black layer. My hand was cramping up like crazy with all that delicate work so I took lots of breaks to watch my husband beat up Joker's cronies or played ball with the house bound puppy.

I got this bad boy up in my store here. In the meantime I've been working on some surprisingly repeat customer Wedding Dress paintings, they make good Bridal Shower gifts I guess.

And that's what I did on Valentines Day, made a blue forest with a silvery moon. Not a drop of pink in sight.

Next year it's going to take me down with a trained team of teddy bear ninjas.

1 comment:

Chesney said...

And you paint trees so well...another fabulous piece to add to your tree collection! What talent!