Friday, August 27, 2010

Cards, cards, cards

I like to bounce between creating small, medium and large paintings. One month it's nothing but 16X20's the next tiny pendants.

Lately I've been embracing my small cards and getting into the halloween spirit.

The first was the more classic graveyard in studies of blue with a few tiny bats that were a giant pain to paint:
Then I wanted to try a graveyard in black and white, something striking and spooky but not blatantly so.
I've been talking up a storm that if I ever get really good at styrofoam shaping and learn hydraulics I am making my own Weeping Angel from the Doctor Who episode Blink. But til that day I can I did the second best thing and made a painting:
It might be best to not look away from the angel, you know, just in case.

The amazing thing is those all sold almost as soon as I listed them. Which encouraged a few more that I haven't listed for sale yet, who knows maybe they'll be gone in an hour too:

First a simple witch silhouette against the moon.
And finally a ghost haunting a graveyard. It started out as being black and white when I realized that oh crap white ghost is blending in far too much with the background so now it's a day time haunting:
And those are my latest in the Halloween painting list. I'm sure there will be more before the 31st of October gets here.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

At first glance I thought the ghost one was a photo background with the ghost painted on. GOOD WORK!!!