Monday, April 28, 2014

Grim Cherry Tree

I put the last period in my new Dwarves in Space novella on Friday, so I took the chance to return to what usually sucks up all my free spring time: painting.

With all the cherry trees in bloom around here I had this idea of greys and pinks in my head. So I wanted to see what I could come up with as well as working on adding texture to the tree.
It turned out better than I'd feared. Also, blossoms are incredibly boring to add. Dab dab dab, new color, dab dab dab some more. Can't feel my back. Dab dab dab. Re-add branches. Dab dab dab.

I've also got my one post about Love Triangles up on Thought Catalog and should have another coming on May 9th. Now to break ground on the next and then really amp up the launch date. The book stuff will never end!

No comments: